Audit Food Safety (ISO 22000 & FSSC 22000) Management Systems
Length: 5 day(s)
Modules: FS, FC, TL
Prerequisite Requirements: HACCP Training & Module AU
Our FSMS (ISO 22000 & FSSC 22000) Lead Auditor Course is delivered over 5 days (Exemplar Global TPECS Modules FS & TL and FSSC requirements & ISO/TS 22002-1) and qualifies auditors to audit ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 based food safety management systems.
This course provides an overview of food safety management systems (FSMS) and discusses ISO 22000 in detail, the FSSC Scheme and its 'Additional Requirements' in detail, summarises pre-requisite programs (PRPs) and ISO/TS 22002 - Part 1: Food Manufacturing in detail.
Leading Audit Teams and the auditing process are also covered.
Activities throughout the course allow participants to demonstrate their competence in respective course criteria and the course culminates in a role play third party audit of a FSMS followed by a written examination of those criteria that can't be covered during the role play.
Separate presentations and on-line examinations are available for other PRPs which may be required for FSSC 22000 auditing, including ISO/TS Parts (PRPs):
- ISO/TS 22002 Part 3: Farming animals
- ISO/TS 22002 Part 4: Packaging
- PAS 222: Animal Feed.
Who Should Attend?
- Food Technologists, quality supervisors and managers
- Food Safety Team Members
- HACCP auditors wanting to increase their scope to include ISO 22000 &/or FSSC 22000
- ISO 22000 auditors upgrading to FSSC
- Anyone wanting to conduct internal audits, supplier audits or external audits of an FSMS.
- Completion of HACCP training (HACCP Principles, hazard assessment and hazard analysis - typically a 2 day course)
- Internal Auditing Course (Module AU)
This Course is in modular format - the first two days focus on ISO 22000, food safety, Operational Pre-Requisite Programs and HACCP, particularly relevant to external auditing (Module FS). The 3rd and 4th days focus on FSSC 22000, Pre-Requisite Programs, ISO 22002-1 (PRP for Food Manufacturing) in detail, lead auditor specific requirements and the certification process (Module TL). The fifth day includes a role play mock FSMS audit and written exam.
- Food Standards Code, Food Safety Standards
- Recent developments
- Hazards to food safety & identifying hazards
- Principles of HACCP & HACCP documentation
- HACCP Plans & HACCP verification
- ISO 22000 in detail
- Auditing FSMS
- FSSC 22000 requirements
- Additional requirements
- ISO 22002-1(PRP for Food Manufacturing)
- Other PRPs and FSSC programs
- FSSC 22000 findings and audit reports
- The certification process
- Lead auditor skills, abilities and Code of Conduct
- Legal/ethical aspects of auditing
- JAS-ANZ and Exemplar Global.