Audit Food Safety (ISO 22000 & FSSC 22000) Management Systems
Length: 5 day(s)
Modules: FS, FC, TL
Prerequisite Requirements: HACCP Training & Module AU
Our Food Safety Management System (ISO 22000 & FSSC 22000) Lead Auditor Course is delivered over 5 days and qualifies auditors to audit ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 based food safety management systems. It includes ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 and ISO 22002-1: Food Manufacturing.
This course provides an overview of food safety management systems (FSMS) and discusses ISO 22000 in detail, the FSSC Scheme and its 'Additional Requirements' in detail, summarises pre-requisite programs (PRPs) and ISO 22002-1 (Food Manufacturing) in detail.
Leading Audit Teams and the auditing process are also covered.
Activities throughout the course allow participants to demonstrate their competence in respective course criteria and the course culminates in a role play third party audit of a Food Safety Management System followed by a written examination of those criteria that can't be covered during the role play.
Separate presentations and on-line examinations are available for other PRPs which may be required for FSSC 22000 auditing, including the following PRPs:
- ISO 22002-3: Farming
- ISO 22002-4: Food packaging manufacturing
- ISO 22002-6: Animal Feed.
Who Should Attend?
- Food Technologists, quality supervisors and managers
- Food Safety Team Members
- HACCP auditors wanting to increase their scope to include ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000
- ISO 22000 auditors wanting to increase their scope to include FSSC 22000
- Anyone wanting to conduct internal audits, supplier audits or external audits of an Food Safety Management System.
- Completion of HACCP training (HACCP Principles, hazard assessment and hazard analysis - typically a 2 day course)
- Internal Auditing Course (Module AU)
This Course is in modular format - the first two days focus on ISO 22000, food safety, Operational Pre-Requisite Programs (OPRPs) and CCPs, particularly relevant to external auditing (Module FS). The 3rd and 4th days focus on FSSC 22000, ISO 22002-1 (PRP for Food Manufacturing) in detail, lead auditor specific requirements and the certification process (Module TL). The fifth day includes a role play mock Food safety management system audit and written exam.
Day 1 & 2:
Module FS - 'Auditing food safety management systems'
- Food Standards
- Hazards to food safety & identifying hazards
- food safety practices
- Pre-Requisite Programs (PRP) and Operational PRPs
- Hazard Control Plans - PRP/OPOP/CCP
- ISO 22000 in detail
- audit findings
- role play - mock external audit.
Day 3 & 4:
Modules FC - 'FSSC 22000' and TL - 'Leading management systems audit teams'
- FSSC 22000 requirements
- Additional requirements
- ISO 22002-1 (PRP for Food Manufacturing)
- Other PRPs and FSSC Programs
- FSSC 22000 audit findings and audit reports
- the certification process
- lead auditor skills, abilities and Code of Conduct
- legal/ethical aspects of auditing.